2018 Summer/Full Year Intern - Interactive Media ResearchApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming lineups in all of television. The SHOWTIME programming slate has made the network among the most talked about in the business, with hits that have included HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, DICE, the upcoming series I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING ®.
Showtime Networks Inc. owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc. operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™ which offers Smithsonian Channel™ and Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. For more information, go to www.SHO.com
The Interactive Media Research team at Showtime Networks is seeking a paid intern from June 2018 to June 2019 (full time summer/part time school year). The intern will have daily tracking, data set cleanup, and reporting obligations, as well as the opportunity to assist on regular requests involving analysis and visualization of large data sets for senior management. The ideal candidate will not only enjoy working with numbers but also have a strong interest in the television industry.
• Track and analyze the performance of Showtime programming on demand and online using Rentrak and Adobe Site Catalyst (Omniture).
• Maintain and distribute various reports for tracking audience data (On Demand and Digital/TV Everywhere) – intern should be comfortable using Excel and Powerpoint to analyze and present data visually.
• Utilize various data resources to import, aggregate and analyze data to extract insights and inform strategy. Intern must be interested in working with numbers and quantitative research.
• Monitor competitive On Demand and Digital/TV Everywhere landscape, using Rentrak and competitors’ websites.
• Must be able to work in New York until June ‘19 (full time during summer, ~20 hrs/week during school year).
• Must be a current college student (rising junior or above)
• 3.0 GPA or above
• Interest in the Cable/Entertainment Industry
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Very comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint
• Superior attention to detail and communication skills
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously