2018 Spring Internship- Human ResourcesApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, WHITE FAMOUS and the upcoming drama THE CHI. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, Showtime Anytime, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events.
The HR Intern will work within the Showtime Networks Human Resources team in the New York office. As a member of our team, you will gain exposure to a wide range of Human Resources projects. This internship offers excellent training and mentoring, and is ideal for a student who wishes to explore and/or pursue a career in Human Resources.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The HR Intern will focus on providing administrative assistance to the HR Team on variety of projects, with focus on intern recruitment.
- Assist with the recruiting process for the summer internship program
- Review and Sort resumes.
- Help schedule phone & on site interviews with hiring managers
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of personnel files and maintain an organized filing system for recruitment.
- Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelors degree in Human Resources, or related field.
- Strong organizational skills (planning and prioritizing)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong detail-orientation; comfortable balancing multiple priorities
- Able to partner with other HR team members, as well as work independently and take initiative when required
- Good time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Applicant Tracking System knowledge is a PLUS (Avature).
- Customer Service Oriented
- Strong Interest in the Cable/Entertainment Industry and Human Resources
- 3.00 GPA or above