2017 Summer/Full Year Intern- Consumer ResearchApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming lineups in all of television. The SHOWTIME programming slate has made the network among the most talked about in the business, with hits that have included HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, DICE, the upcoming series I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING ®.
Showtime Networks Inc. owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc. operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™ which offers Smithsonian Channel™ and Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. For more information, go to www.SHO.com
The Consumer Research team at Showtime Networks is seeking a paid intern from May 2017 to May 2018 (full time summer/part time school year). The intern will grow their analytical and critical thinking skills, learning the research process from initial needs assessment through study design and insights reporting. The ideal candidate will not only enjoy working with numbers but also have a strong interest in the television industry.
• Help write/design qualitative studies (such as surveys for the Showtime consumer panel) and track and analyze results, including summarizing feedback.
• Utilize various data resources to import, aggregate and analyze data to extract insights and inform strategy. Intern should be comfortable using Excel and Powerpoint to analyze and present data in a visually appealing way.
• Track and analyze the performance of Showtime programming on demand and online using Rentrak and Adobe Site Catalyst (Omniture).
• Stay informed on the current state of the business and what is going on in the world of premium TV
• Must be able to work in New York until May ‘18 (full time during summer, ~20 hrs/week during school year).
• Must be a current college student (rising junior or above)
• 3.0 GPA or above
• Interest in the Cable/Entertainment Industry
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Very comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint
• Superior attention to detail and communication skills
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously