2017 Fall Intern- Smithsonian Channel Digital Media - Products & Technology Back-End (NYC)Apply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
- Write back-end code that follows best practices for coding standards
- Ability to problem solve independently and in a pair-programming environment
- Participate in daily stand up meetings and provide updates on projects being worked on
- Commit to and pull code changes from our code repository
- Current undergraduate student (rising junior or above)
- Interest in the Cable/Entertainment Industry
- 2.5 GPA or above
- Submission of cover letter- required
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work at least 20 hours/week
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to provide administrative suppose as needed
- Study of Computer Science and one or more programming languages
- Knowledge of Java and SQL is ideal
- Cable television experience a plus
- Active participation in extracurricular activities; clubs; and/or associations. Leadership positions while maintaining an above average GPA, a plus
- Prior internship experience in a related field, a plus