CBSNewYork.com is looking for a strong multi-media producer to join our dynamic team in either our SoHo studios or at the CBS Broadcast Center. We feature the latest local news, politics, sports, traffic and weather as well as "The Best of New York."
Our site consists of original content from WCBS-TV, WLNY-TV 10/55, all news radio stations 1010 WINS and WCBS Newsradio 880 and the legendary Sportsradio 66 WFAN.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate news junkie with his/her finger on the pulse of NYC. We are looking for someone who:
- Thrives under unrelenting deadline pressure.
- Can quickly and accurately report on a variety of platforms.
- Writes engaging, sticky, creative copy that is also SEO friendly.
- Is a social media addict or very comfortable tweeting, Facebooking, etc.
- Generates attention-grabbing headlines with speed and ease.
- Produces copy on a wide variety of topics that you just know will go viral.
- Has an interest/deep knowledge of our local sports teams.
- Has the ability to wear at least 6 hats at once and enjoys working in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
Individuals must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field.
- Web Publishing.
- At least 2 years working in a newsroom or for a news website.
- Excellent writer with a working knowledge of AP writing style.
- Ideal candidate will also have experience with Word Press and audio/video software.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news cycle that will entail some weekend work.