Web Content Specialist - Part TimeApply
Are you looking for a position that puts a premium on strong writing and editing skills and creativity across all digital platforms? CBS Baltimore is the place for you.
We are looking for a talented, multi-media journalist to join our award-winning digital team as we strive to set the standard for news, sports, music and lifestyle content in Baltimore.
- Write, publish and distribute content across all digital platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
- Efficiently and effectively turn on-air content into online packages, using audio, video and other multimedia;
- Work closely with on-air talent and producers to better integrate radio and Web, and to increase interaction and engagement among listeners, Fans and Followers;
- Push content Locally and from other CBS affiliates to grow and engage Twitter followers and Facebook ‘Likes;’
- Help develop and execute game plans for covering major station events to maximize Web traffic and engagement;
- Use Web analytics and trending tools to evaluate homepage layout, story selection, headlines and blurbs;
- Bring innovation and ways to leverage technology to improve and enhance story-telling techniques and methods.
- 1 to 2 years writing/editing/content management experience;
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Understanding of social media and its relationship with consumers, online marketing and Web traffic;
- Thorough knowledge of current events and pop-culture;
- Attention to detail with content, including grammar, punctuation and layout;
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently;
- Knowledge of the local radio industry and familiarity with all radio terminology and methodology preferred.