Web Content Specialist (DC)Apply
We are looking for a talented individual to join our award-winning digital team as we strive to tell compelling stories to an underserved national audience of more than 45 million.
CBS Radio's ConnectingVets.com seeks a multi-media journalist and savvy web content specialist to handle a wide range of topics, while also being a subject matter expert in Veteran's and military affairs.
Create, manage and distribute clickable, shareable content across our many platforms, including social media.
Enterprise reporting and research in areas of expertise.
Engage, entertain and manage our social media community, including moderating comments and answering questions.
- Use web and social media analytics to evaluate homepage layout, story selection and Twitter and Facebook best practices.
- Manage a network of contributors to ensure content serves our consumers and is consistent with our Mission Statement.
- Help develop, steer and execute our editorial direction, both on a daily basis and during breaking news.
- Monitor shows and interviews, and efficiently turn on-air content into compelling online stories, utilizing video and other multimedia.
- A passion for news and an understanding of the trends that are driving today's most important stories.
Work closely with other multi-media journalists to better integrate radio and web, and to increase interaction and engagement among listeners, fans and followers across all platforms.
Bring innovation and ways to leverage technology to improve and enhance story-telling techniques and methods.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience working in digital strategy and web content management.
- Strong writing and copyediting skills.
- Working knowledge of Veterans and military affairs.
- Ideal candidate is former military or a civilian who has worked in communications in government or military with experience writing, editing, and conducting in-person interviews.
- Strong understanding of metrics, analytics and reporting tools.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Understanding of social media and its relationship with consumers, online marketing and Web traffic.
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of the local radio industry and familiarity with all radio terminology and methodology preferred.