Talk Show/Podcast Producer WJFK-FMApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
WJFK-FM in Washington DC is looking for a Talk Show/Podcast Producer.
Regular tasks will include:
- Assisting show hosts with preparation, operation, and execution of all aspects of daily radio broadcast.
- Collaborating with program hosts on developing unique content for the show.
- Making on-air personality and lifestyle contributions to the show in a supporting role.
- Operating a studio control board and automation system.
- Creating, developing, and producing original podcasts in the sports, lifestyle, and comedy genres.
- Curating audio content from existing terrestrial shows for use in podcasts.
- Contributing ideas for future programming and promotional campaigns for the station and/or shows.
- Performing additional off-air programming and/or digital supporting tasks as requested as part of the full-time work week.
- Some experience assembling content using digital audio editing platforms is required.
- Expertise in social media
- Firm grasp of current events, sports, and societal trends.
- Valid Drivers' License and a good driving record is required to operate company vehicles.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 40lbs.
- 3 years of previous radio experience in sports talk or news/talk formats is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled