CBS Radio New York is seeking a Staff Accountant to support our our 6 New York stations. This position reports directly to the Market Controller of CBS Radio New York.
- Perform month-end and year-end closing activities including the preparation of journal entries and general ledger account analysis and reconciliations.
- Report monthly financial performance and variance analysis.
- Compile and calculate monthly sales commission statements.
- Ensure the station is complying with Sarbanes-Oxley Act rules and regulations.
- Participate in the forecasting and budgeting processes.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- 3-5 years experience in basic accounting processes, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, reconciliation, and month-end closing.
- Must be proficient in Excel and other software packages.
- Oracle accounting system experience is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- 4-year degree in Accounting required.