Sr. Director / Director of EngineeringApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
CBS Radio is looking for an innovative, result-oriented and passionate Sr. Director / Director of Engineering in New York to lead a team of engineers and improve the customer experience across our high traffic websites. You’ll be working closely with stakeholders including editorial, sales, marketing, product management and business development, as well as interacting directly with the Executive leadership team to transform our platform to meet business goals and objectives
The ideal candidate is passionate about building effective engineering teams that deliver high quality, innovative, scalable products in an online service that iterates rapidly. You are a leader for managers and engineers at all levels, guiding them through their career development. We believe in self-empowered teams that can take a product from concept to delivery.
- Oversee architecture and design of entire digital platform
- Deliver results on complex projects involving teams across the company.
- Work with stakeholders to define business requirements.
- Design and implement technical roadmap to meet business needs
- Understand current system capabilities and limitations.
- Maintains platform stability and introduces changes in a non-disruptive fashion
- Establish a high-performing agile/continuous integration engineering practices
- Cultivate strong cross-functional partnerships with peers and stakeholders
- Work in systems from content/CMS to audio streaming services
- Coordinate with operations team to create a lean micro services-based architecture
- Actively contribute to the configuration and performance tuning of production infrastructure
- Manage a cross-country staff of engineers in multiple locations
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Architecture & Implementation and DevOps
- 5+ years of hands-on leadership in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong technical skills in Object-Oriented Programming, database and full-stack development
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of and experience with Containers, Docker, automation and orchestration
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in a cloud environment including Amazon EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Elastic Container Services, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS OpsWorks)
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled