Senior Staff AccountantApply
· Perform daily accounting functions, including A/R, A/P, G/L Trade/Barter, Billing, Fixed Assets.
· Perform all aspects of month-end close including JE’s and GL variance analysis/reconciliation.
· Participate heavily in monthly financial review processes, especially as it relates to specific G/L accounts
· Make timely recommendations based on research and analysis.
· Review, investigate, follow-up and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
· Effectively communicate (verbal & written) regarding all account balances, variances and specific account information.
· Prepare monthly account reconciliation review packages (i.e., balance sheet accounts) with clear, detailed notes.
· Develop analyses; download and manipulate large volumes of data for said analyses.
· Prepare accurate sales related reports (including sales commission statements).
· Effectively manage weekly sales billings and required billing/invoicing reports.
· Coordinate and assist with complex accounting projects and initiatives.
· Reconcile physical inventory counts to the general ledger and book necessary adjustments.
· Work with management to identify process and/or system improvement opportunities, recommend solutions and assist with implementation.
· Effectively communicate in staff meetings status of account balances, variances and specific account information.
· Work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas and information in a constructive and positive manner; listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others; keep commitments, keep others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; address problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions.
· Foster a positive work environment at all times.
· Assist in implementation and enforcement of financial controls, including internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley testing.
· Special assignments include managerial reports, corporate projects and assistance with financial planning.
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
Our ideal candidate is an energetic, self-motivated individual who possesses the following:
Ability to utilize his or her hands-on accounting experience and in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices to achieve department and Market goals.
Experience in basic accounting processes, with exposure to general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, reconciliation and month end closing.
Excellent analytical skills.
Ability to prioritize and maintain focus in a fast paced environment.
Strong Excel skills required (v-look up, pivot tables, sum if’s and ability to write and understand complex Excel formulas); Oracle accounting system experience preferred
Strong communication skills.
Radio/broadcast industry experience a plus.
4-year degree in Accounting required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, use hands, reach with hands/arms and manipulate a computer keyboard and ten-key machine. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Job requires a majority of the work day to be spent sitting and typing at computers.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.