CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
CBS Radio in Washington, DC is looking for self-motivated individuals who are looking for a sales career in the media, marketing, and digital sales industry. The ideal candidate will be someone who can attain sales meeting with local and regional business decision makers through cold calling, networking, and referrals. Demonstrating an innovative approach to client development, the Sales Strategist will spend their day partnering with three Sales Executives, making outbound calls and contacting marketing decision makers. Before transferring to a CBSDC Account Executive, the Sales Strategist will pre-qualify the leads. Training will include familiarizing the individual with the media, marketing and digital industry. Dependent on the individual's success in this role, they will be considered for advancement into a CBSEC Account Executive. A positive attitude and a drive to win with an ability to thrive in a highly energetic sales environment is critical in this role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Soliciting new business through prospecting and cold calling.
- Contacting prospective customers to multi-media platforms.
- Successful candidates must possess exceptional communication skills. They must be self-motivated, goal driven, and confident; with the ability to adapt and multi-task in a fast-paced environment. They must demonstrate their ability to be strategic and persuasive.
- High School graduate required; college highly desired.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation with appropriate insurance.
- Prior experience in sales/marketing; previous radio sales experience, news or sponsorship sales preferred.
- Most also have basic knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled