Retail Sales Manager – KILT-AM/KILT-FM
CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
Are you dynamic and creative? Can you excel in a cluster environment? Can you identify talent and are you a proven recruiter of the best sales people? Do you understand the difference between managing, leading and teaching? Are you creative and enthusiastic? If you answered yes to these questions then you may be the candidate for the Retail Sales Manager in a TOP 10 market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Recruit and establish a talent bank of qualified sales talent.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
- Cultivate new business efforts to grow spot, non-spot revenue and digital revenue.
- Provide coaching and sales strategy for sellers.
- Design and deliver sales training for sellers.
- Work with General Sales Manager on weekly individual and group sales meetings.
- Be a creative problem solver and motivator.
- Supervise the collections process.
Minimum 5+ years of experience selling foreground radio. Position requires a demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team of winners and to be a creative and proactive problem solver with a track record of success with Agency, Direct, digital and event sales. Four year degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled