The Promotions Assistant will serve as an ambassador for both CBS Radio San Diego stations (KyXy 96.5 & ENERGY 103.7) at events and promotions throughout San Diego. The primary role of this position is to assist the Promotion Department in the management of promotions and public relations. The Promotions Assistant is responsible for the set up and on-site coordination of station events and live broadcasts. Your goal is to help deliver an on-time, flawless event and meet all the needs and expectations of the Promotion/Marketing Director and event partners. Duties include transporting, setting up, and tearing down equipment, meeting and greeting listeners, and conducting giveaways.
The Promotions Assistant must have strong oral communication skills and the ability to engage and interact comfortably with the public. Qualified candidates must be outgoing and enthusiastic, reliable, and pro-active. Availability to work occasional weekdays, weekends, evenings and some holidays is a must. This is an entry level, part time position approximately 10-20 hours per week.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with the public.
· This position requires punctuality, a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and excellent customer service.
· Attention to detail, and a high level of organization and follow through are imperative.
· Computer proficient (i.e., upload event photos to station hard drive, complete & email event recap forms).
· Ability to lift forty pounds required.
· A valid California driver’s license and a clean driving record.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, stand for long periods of time and on occasion, be exposed to outside weather conditions.
· All employees of the station are expected to be an effective team member; bring a positive attitude to the workplace; be cheerful, cooperative, and productive; and to perform other such duties as may be required for the smooth operation of the station.