CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
CBS Radio is seeking a Project Manager that will manage a portfolio of products, including its Radio.com website and mobile app and +100 news, sports & music sites. The Project Manager will be responsible for working with business and technology teams across CBS Radio to deliver quality products through implementation of agile principles, processes, and methods. In this role, you will help lead large and complex projects, manage development teams, and communicate status to stakeholders at all levels. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of and hands-on experience with Agile Methods.
• Work with Product, Engineering, QA and Design teams to determine project deliverables, milestones and durations.
• Develop project scopes and objectives with stakeholders, ensuring technical feasibility, release, and rollout plans for medium to large-scale projects.
• Ensure that project schedules and project scope are well defined.
• Support the Product Owner in managing stakeholder expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
• Communicate status and expectations of project timelines to all levels of the organization.
• Champion Agile principles and ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
• Proactively manage and communicate the downstream impact of issues and delays.
• Manage and forecast resources, monitor team velocity and project status through tracking system.
• Actively seek out, track and remove barriers to completing a project.
• Manage 3rd party relationships with vendors and content providers.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and technology individuals at all levels including the executive level.
- Proven ability to multi-task and proactively follow up on multiple concurrent tasks and requests with tight deadlines.
- Deep understanding of project management tools and approaches to manage complex and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Experience creating project, release, and rollout plans for medium to large-scale projects.
- Ability to understand and analyze different technology solutions at a high level.
- Comprehension of technical subjects and up-to-date knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to manage multiple assignments across the organization while following project management principles.
- Proven strong problem-solving skills are a necessity.
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Confluece, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent.
- Agile experience is a must.
- Scrum Master Certification, is a plus.
- 3+ years project management experience, directly involved with managing and delivering technology projects in an Agile environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled