Program Director/Operations Manager - Sports Radio 105.7 The FanApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
Baltimore's Sports Leader, WJZ-FM 105.7 The Fan is seeking a full time Program Director/Operations Manager to oversee the entire on-air product. The Program Director/Operations Manager will work directly with talent and production to provide direction on content. Candidate must have a knowledge of and passion for a variety of sports.
- Extensive knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations; knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations.
- Excellent team leadership and delegation skills including motivation of staff, setting goals and expectations, provide honest feedback and manage performance.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- High degree of planning and organizing skills; can multi-task and manage deadlines.
- Must be able to think both tactically and strategically.
- Able to influence and inspire others and ensure a client focus.
- Major/medium market experience in Sports Talk is required.
- Prior experience in directing and managing a team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled