CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Part-Time (without benefits)
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
CBS Radio seeks Multimedia Reporter in Washington, DC.
This is a hands-on position that spans every aspect of modern journalism, combining text, images, sound, video and graphics; to produce interesting stories.
This position consists of original enterprise reporting on Capitol Hill, Military, and Veterans Affairs in an incredibly fast-paced deadline driven environment. (We turn stories around in minutes, not days.)
Job Duties Include:
- Writing, producing, and recording quality news stories for multiple media platforms.
- Reporting live on audio, video, and digital platforms.
- Staying up to date on current events and issues important to active military and veterans.
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring news sources on assigned beat.
- Coordinating assignments and newsgathering under the direction of the Managing Editor and Content Manager.
- Journalistic chops to make sense of complex news stories and the talent to write them in a fair, clear, concise, and lively manner.
- Familiarity with the culture, needs, and sensibilities of active military and veterans.
- Ideal candidate is former military or a civilian who has worked in communications in government or military with experience writing, editing, and conducting in-person interviews.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and reliable transportation.
- Three years' experience as an anchor, reporter, writer, news editor or producer in any media.
- Bachelor's degree or those with relevant military experience.
- A strong drive to succeed, willingness to learn, and ability to demonstrate all the requisite skills for the position will also be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled