Part Time Anchor/Reporter (WBZ-AM)
CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Part-Time (without benefits)
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
· Producing and recording news segments for all-news station.
· Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
· Interviewing news makers.
· Writing scripts and ad-libbing material for stories.
· Development and research of potential news stories.
· Protecting the station’s FCC license.
· Making station appearances as required.
· Working with sales and promotions departments to develop sponsored news packages.
· Other duties as required by management.
Minimum of 3+ years anchoring or reporting news for broadcast media. Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills. Position requires proficiency in editing and packaging news sound and interviews. Position requires valid state driver’s license and required insurance. Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential; 4 year degree in journalism preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled