PT Sports Reporter/Anchor - WSCR-AM
CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Part-Time (without benefits)
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
CBS Radio is building an in-house Sports content team. Duties include:
· Voicing Sports reports on CBS Radio stations to air on broadcast and digital platforms.
· Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering Sports reports in the studio and in the field as outlined by CBS Radio.
· Providing live reads of Sports sponsors within designated reports by the company including logging commercials and discrepancies
· Making station appearances as required.
· Other duties as required by management.
Minimum 2 year sports or news reporting for broadcast media. Must be computer literate, have excellent writing and presentation skills. Must be helpful in a sports information gathering operation. Knowledge of the broadcast area sports teams and local and national sports figures is essential; 4 year degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled