News Reporter/Anchor - Part TimeApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Temporary / Per Diem / Freelance
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: St. Louis, MO, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
- Selects and research topics; contacts and interview sources; maintains notes and audio recordings; writes and edits reports; produces and voices report for on-air.
- Produces news assigned
- Reports stories in appropriate forms for broadcast
- May be asked to anchor newscasts or host program
- Read news copy on the air and interact with on-air program hosts
- Generate story ideas, cultivate news sources and provide editorial support
- Anchor newscasts and function as field producer for all stories assigned
- Produce digital news content
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in journalism or radio production.
- Experience in news anchoring and reporting for a broadcast or online news operation preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled