Manager, Digital AudioApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
This role will report to the Vice President, Digital Audio and Original Programming, and will play a key role in content and operational functions related to our digital audio products, specifically our podcasts.
This person should be passionate about the emerging podcast space and all aspects of podcasting such as production, content development, talent relations, audience development, promotion and sales.
To be successful, candidates must be fast learners, adept communicators and strong project managers who offer a unique perspective, work collaboratively across teams and feel comfortable presenting to senior-level executives. This is a hands-on role providing room to grow for the right product leader.
- Prospect and identify new original podcasts and talent and pitching them to stakeholders
- Lead the effort for our radio stations around the country to produce audio on-demand content. Work closely with Program Directors. Leverage CBS Radio’s massive talent pool to create original podcasts leveraging existing shows, talent and new content ideas. Manage these shows as part of your portfolio.
- Work closely with our production staff on the process for onboarding new shows Be aggressive in finding ways to grow the audience of your shows
- Stay abreast on the key performance indicators for your shows
- Generate weekly and monthly reports with various performance metrics with constant communication of key programming successes or improvements needed
- Participate in the short and long term strategic planning for digital audio products and brainstorms on new product features Stay abreast of competing products and technology shifts
- Meet with vendors to evaluate partnership opportunities and third-party technology
- Manage existing platform partnerships with 3rd parties (e.g. iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, etc.) well as on our Owned & Operated sites
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience in a consumer-facing media company focused on digital media (1+ years working in the podcast and digital audio space preferred)
- Special interest in working in the areas of sports and news
- Passion for the podcast space
- Experience in driving audience engagement and growth
- Superior attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to be a strategic thinker, creative problem solver and communicative project manager
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical people at all levels
- Solid skills in PowerPoint and Excel
- BA/BS degree from a top-tier university program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled