Full Time Promotions CoordinatorApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but will not be limited to):
• Contest Administration – maintain all on-air and web based station contests. Collect prizes from sales, provide copy to programming for on-air use, contact winners, and arrange for prize delivery and fulfillment.
• Maintain and manage PromoSuite which keeps all listener records and files, including an electronic database of prizes and contest winners.
• Maintains the station event calendar.
• Writes traffic/production orders for promotional inventory.
• Supervise and manage part time promotional staff including the coordination of in-office activity and off-site event staff scheduling
• Listener Service – respond to listener calls; research questions and follow-up with answers. Mail out station materials as requested. Manage all types of listener records and files.
• Ensures that all on-air promotions have proper paperwork and CBS legal approval, inclusive of adequate contest rules, contractual agreements and sponsorship agreements.
• Maintain and distributes the station event calendar.
• Serve as the station liaison on-site with event sponsors, station clients, listeners, and media, projecting a positive image at all times.
Event and Promotion Execution:
• Supervise on-site station promotions, appearances, and remotes from setup to break down; keeping the overall look and feel of the event with the station’s brand in mind while maintaining positive relationships with clients, event sponsors, listeners, and media while projecting a positive image at all times
• Working with Events & Strategy Directors as assigned; Coordinate aspects of station events including vehicles and equipment; prizes/giveaways; signage; website development; print advertising and the physical appearance; attend the events to manage on-site execution.
• Schedules all talent appearances and live remotes.
• Prepares purchase orders for events & station collateral needs– obtain management and legal signatures for each PO and P&L.
• Prepare recaps of events including timeline, promos, on-air activity, communication to staff and listeners, event specifics, location, logistics, and other results.
• Look for additional opportunities where station may grow in the area of visibility, revenue and community service.
• Be vested in full-time role as team player and solution provider, pitching in as needed to ensure department success
• Other Marketing/Event Experiences department duties as assigned by department director.
• College degree preferred
• One to two years of experience in media, event logistics/management or sales support activities
• Available for weekend, evening and early morning work
• Must be physically capable of long hours, extended exposure to the outdoors, and able to lift 50 pounds or more.
• Knowledge of printing, graphics, word processing, Photoshop and filing a plus
• Creative and journalistic writing skills a plus.
• Organizational ability and attention to detail are critical.
• The successful applicant will have to become familiar with all aspects of station programming and operations in order to respond knowledgeably to inquiries and work successfully with other departments.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled