Full Time Editor (WBZ-AM)Apply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
WBZ-AM is looking for a dynamic and talented news professional to work as an editor/writer. A minimum of six years newsroom experience is preferred.
- Lead and supervise a team of writers, producers, reporters and anchors.
- Slot multiple newscasts during an eight-hour shift.
- Write creative and relevant on-air news copy under deadline.
- Copy edit and fact-check.
- Update and delegate daily newsroom tasks and assignments.
- Oversee a consistent flow of social-media postings: Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Effectively utilize audio editing programs and broadcast newsroom systems
- Conduct interviews with local officials and newsmakers; verify facts and produce news content.
- Set up live and recorded interviews.
- Other duties as required.
- Preferably, six plus years of post-college experience in news editing/writing.
- Must be computer literate and have excellent writing and audio-editing skills.
- Proficiency in copy-editing: fact checking and research.
- Possess experience with breaking news and deadline pressure.
- Have extensive knowledge and understanding of social media platforms.
- Exhibit a working knowledge of current events and politics
- 4-year degree in journalism preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled