Entry Level Accountant
CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Assist in the preparation of journal entries and general ledger account analysis and reconciliations.
· Assist with preparation of AP batches.
· Assist with weekly and monthly billing
· Reconcile clients’ ageing reports.
· Assist with management of sales orders.
· Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance audit.
· Assist with cash applications of clients’ payments.
· Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS: 0-1 years experience in basic accounting processes, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliation, and month-end closing. Must be proficient in Excel and other software packages; Oracle accounting system experience is a plus. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled