Digital Content Producer-KAMP FMApply
- Executing the editorial vision of the Station and to lead editorial content and vision within for all contributors.
- Write original feature content for the target demographic.
- Oversee logistics of editorial contributions, scheduling of posts from an editorial calendar, and timeliness and relevance of contributors content.
- Build a station editorial calendar and strategy around major local station events and on-air promotions to maximize the traffic opportunity via editorial and surface internally to sales, programming.
- Take in-studio photos and video as needed.
- Maintain a “nearly-live” turnaround time on content derived from on-air program.
- Use Google Analytics data to closely monitor Station site performance and provide regular updates to the Director of Digital Content.
Participate in and actively contribute to weekly team meetings, bringing new ideas for better content, revenue and site traffic.
The primary goals of the Website Producer are:
- To meet (and exceed) the monthly pageview and unique visitor targets assigned to the Station website.
- To ensure the Station site best represents the brand and the vision laid out by the Program Director and Programming staff at the Station.
- To grow station’s social media presence, grow audience and connect with existing and new listeners.
- To identify opportunities for Digital tie-ins to Station promotions and programming efforts, specifically tent-pole Station events and the Station’s Morning Show.
- To ensure that all content on the site meets the editorial standards defined by the Director of Digital Content.
- To identify content successes and failures as measured through Key Performance Indicators (unique visitors, page views and others defined as needed by the Director of Digital Content.)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
“It is the continuing policy of CBS Radio to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, or sexual orientation, national origin, age or physical or mental disability, veteran or disabled veteran status, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. We solicit assistance on these openings and future openings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.”
- Bachelor’s degree (Journalism or Communications preferred) preferred
- Strong writing ability
- Understanding of major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc)
- Dynamic, exciting writing style that meshes well with the “on-air voice” of our Station (will need to see samples)
- Ability to work well in a dynamic team environment where “that’s not my job” is never an answer
- Self-motivated, self-starting is a must.
- HTML not required, but it helps, as does Photoshop.
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS strongly preferred.