Digital Account ExecutiveApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Local Digital Media
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Generate online revenue through streaming, display and other digital properties.
• Spend at least 50% of work time engaging in sales and solicitations outside of the office.
• Responsible for exceeding sales budget and collection of sold accounts.
• Maintain account lists while soliciting new business.
• Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, and advertising proposals.
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing top quality service.
• Investigate and resolve customer problems.
• Communicate with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders.
• Attend sales meetings and training sessions.
• Performs all other tasks perceived, assigned, and/or required that contribute to the smooth operation of the department and to the achievement of departmental and station goals.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum 2 years of experience in online marketing and web-based applications is required; previous sales experience preferred. Proven track record of knowledge of online sales offerings. Position requires basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent organizational/time management skills. Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, have a positive attitude and be an effective communicator. Requires valid drivers license, vehicle insurance, and dependable transportation. High school graduate; college preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled