Desktop Support Technician - Temp/Temp to PermApply
The Desktop Support Technician provides telephone and desktop support to users on day to day issues involving MS Office functions, Windows 7 and 10, Mac OSX, Virus/Spy ware, and standard applications for a user base covering multiple facilities. The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for providing Level 2 hardware and software support for desktop PC’s, laptops and peripherals, including IOS devices in multiple locations. The Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of various desktop hardware, software and related peripherals including and not limited to printers, print servers, scanners and iOS and Android devices.
- Perform break-fix end-user desktop support to users in multiple locations and provide telephone and desktop support to the divisional community for software, hardware, and various infrastructure related issues.
- Ensure that all requests from user are logged and escalation procedures are followed.
- Install and configure desktop computer system hardware and software (including operating system and applications software).
- Install and configure printers and various network connected equipment.
- Participate in maintaining, testing and updating PC and Macintosh deployment images.
- Assist in the maintenance of production desktop images: work with scripts to automate redundant tasks.
- Test and distribute security patches to clients; remediate any threats to the desktop environment (i.e. virus, spyware, malware, etc.).
- Participate in rollouts of new software/hardware to ensure consistency in technical standards.
- Perform after hours and weekend support, systems installation and maintenance, as required.
- This is a part-time role, up to 30 hours per week. Must be available for shifts between 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. M-F.
- Undergraduate degree in a computer science related field and/or equivalent work experience required.
- A Minimum of one year / Desktop Support or PC Support experience working in a large corporate environment.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 and 10, Mac OS X, and Virtualized Desktop environments.
- Basic understanding of Wired and Wireless Networking concepts, general troubleshooting steps, and network tools (Ping, Pathping, Traceroute, etc.)
- Knowledge and familiarity with MS Active Directory environment including ability to manage AD objects (User and Workstation) – ie. reset user passwords, add/remove workstation, modify security groups and distribution lists, modify AD description), understanding of GPO, login scripts, and other AD client-managing tools (Quest).
- Strong support in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, etc).
- Strong support and understanding of Outlook/Exchange mail client.
- Experience with desktop remote control software (Dameware,LANDesk, MSRA).
- Understand computer imaging concepts (i.e. Ghost, RIS, PE, CloneZilla).
- Strong Analytical problem solving skills.
- Work well autonomously and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Broadcast IT Systems, including Digital Audio Delivery Systems, Burli, VoxPro, Adobe Audition, Avid ProTools a plus.
- Understand and work with proprietary third-party applications and their vendors.