Brand & Promotions DirectorApply
CBS Radio Minneapolis is seeking a full-time Brand & Promotions Director for Live Events & Experiences Department. This position involves working in a high-energy, fast paced environment assisting in the development, implementation, and execution of station branding projects as well as high-profile marketing programs and events related to WCCO-AM, KMNB-FM, KZJK-FM
This position works closely with both the station programming team on contests and promotions and with sales teams on sponsorship fulfilment. Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is required. A passion for events and ability to work flexible hours is a must.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but will not be limited to):
Station Branding and Promotions
• Work with programming team to develop and implement promotional programs and listener activities:
o On-air contests and promotions
o On-site appearances and brand forward events
• Acts as public face with station charity partners, festival promoters, sports team partners when marketing the station brand
• Consistently making connections in the community and seeking out opportunities to align station brand (s) with events and organizations across the Twin Cities that are important to station listeners and that provides sales opportunities for station.
• Work with station Live Events & Experiences Director to develop new sales opportunities that also align with station brand.
• Manage station promotions budget and inventory of station branded items (t-shirts/banners/tents, etc.)
• Oversee weekly station promotions meetings
• Sets the brand standard for how each station looks and feels inside and outside the building.
Sponsorship, Event and Promotion Execution:
• Supervise on-site station promotions, appearances, and remotes from setup to break down; keeping the overall look and feel of the event with the station’s brand in mind while maintaining positive relationships with clients, event sponsors, listeners, and media while projecting a positive image at all times
• Work with Live Event & Experiences Director, Program Directors, digital department on sponsorship fulfillment programs
• Coordinate aspects of station events including vehicles and equipment; prizes/giveaways; signage; website development; print advertising and the physical appearance; attend the events to manage on-site execution.
• Schedules all talent appearances and live remotes (coordinating with stations Program Directors).
• Prepares purchase orders for events & station collateral needs– obtain management and legal signatures for each PO and P&L.
• Prepare recaps of events including timeline, promos, on-air activity, communication to staff and listeners, event specifics, location, logistics, and other results.
• Oversee Promotions /Coordinators activity related to contest administration and PromoSuite which keeps all listener records and files, including an electronic database of prizes and contest winners.
• Manages station promotional inventory when applicable.
• Ensures that all on-air promotions have proper paperwork and CBS legal approval, inclusive of adequate contest rules, contractual agreements and sponsorship agreements.
• Works with Live Events & Experiences Director to ensure weekly station event calendar is distributed to all stakeholders.
• Look for additional opportunities where station may grow in the area of visibility, revenue and community service.
• Be vested in full-time role as team player and solution provider, pitching in as needed to ensure department success
• Other Marketing/Event Experiences department duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
• College degree preferred
• Three to four years of experience in media, event logistics/management or sales support activities
• Prior experience working with college or professional sports teams a plus
• Available for weekend, evening and early morning work
• Must be physically capable of long hours, extended exposure to the outdoors, and able to lift 50 pounds or more.
• Knowledge of printing, graphics, word processing, Photoshop and filing a plus
• Creative and journalistic writing skills a plus.
• Organizational ability and attention to detail are critical.
• The successful applicant will have to become familiar with all aspects of station programming and operations in order to respond knowledgeably to inquiries and work successfully with other departments.