Beat Reporter 106.7 The Fan (WJFK-FM)
CBS Business Unit: CBS Radio
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
CBS RADIO is one of the largest major-market broadcast media operators in the United States and the undisputed leader in news and sports radio. Producing original audio and video content, live events and exclusive programming broadcast via on-air, online and mobile platforms, CBS RADIO reaches more than 72 million consumers nationwide each week. As a part of CBS Corporation, the division owns and operates 117 radio stations in 26 markets – including the top 10 as ranked by Nielsen Audio – as well as an extensive array of digital assets. CBS RADIO distributes its programming via AM, FM and HD Radio stations, Radio.com and CBS Local Digital Media apps, making engaging with audiences easier than ever before. For more information, please visit www.cbsradio.com.
106.7 The Fan (WJFK-FM) is looking for its next NFL beat reporter. You'll embed with Washington's football franchise for the entire season; developing sources, breaking news, and analyzing the team's every move on air, online, and on social media. We are looking for a self-motivated talent with an understanding of how to break and report news on the biggest beat in D.C. sports, an excellent on-air communicator, and a social media star. The ability to host sports talk radio shows or perform sports updates in the NFL offseason is also required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- Reporting on and analyzing Washington's NFL football team.
- Gathering and recording locker room audio, writing, editing and performing live and recorded news content.
- Distributing news and analysis on the station website and on social media.
- Making station appearances as required.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Minimum of 2+ years reporting news or hosting talk shows for broadcast media.
- Must be computer literate, have excellent writing and presentation skills, and have strong social media skills.
- Must be proficient in editing and packaging news sound and interviews.
- Position requires a valid state driver's license and required insurance.
- Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential.
- 4 year degree is preferred
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Position requires operation of a motor vehicle.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled