Account Executive (WNEW-FM)Apply
Have you ever wanted to run your own business but don't want to take the risk or have the capital investment? Are you an outstanding sales performer and have hit a ceiling? CBS Radio New York has an opportunity for you. Become a CBS Radio Sales professional for Fresh 102.7, WNEW-FM.
In this role, you will develop and sell advertising and marketing campaigns to new and existing clients. The ideal candidate will be someone who can prospect, develop new client relationships through cold calling, networking, referrals from existing clients and have an innovative approach to client development. The successful seller will create programs that include concert sponsorships, digital solutions and on air radio campaigns.
CBS Radio New York consists of six radio stations including Fresh 102.7 with ten million listeners per week. Our digital properties, include CBSNewYork.com with six million visitors a week and Radio.com.
Fresh 102.7 is a Top 5 Radio Station in New York with more than 2.2 Million Listeners over the age of 18. You will be able to leverage cutting edge events, concerts, Facebook and Mobile Display Platforms in addition to traditional advertising to deliver target consumers to advertisers.
Candidates must have a positive attitude and a drive to win. Self-motivation is essential. If you’re interested in a commission based position with unlimited earning potential - this job is the opportunity for you!
· Contacting prospective customers to sell radio or digital advertising space on Fresh 102.7FM
· Maintain account lists and solicit new business.
· Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, and advertising proposals.
· Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing top quality service.
· Communicate with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders and arranging promotional events.
· Responsible for exceeding sales budget and collection of sold accounts.
· Attend sales meetings, training sessions
The successful candidates must love to prospect, meet new people, leverage relationships, and hunt for new business. They must possess exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills. They must be self-motivated, goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. All employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive. In addition, the right candidate must have:
· High school diploma; college preferred.
· Prior experience in sales/marketing; previous radio sales experience preferred.
· Must also have basic knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.