Account Executive (WCBS-FM)Apply
WCBS-FM, New York’s legendary Classic Hits radio station is looking for seasoned sales professionals to join our team! Work closely with iconic radio personalities like: Rock & Roll Hall of Famer, Scott Shannon; Dan Taylor; Broadway Bill Lee; and Brooklyn’s Own, Joe Causi, the disc jockeys and air personalities who shaped NY radio!! In this role, you will develop and sell advertising and integrated marketing campaigns like the Scott Shannon Summer Blastoff at the Jersey Shore; CBS-FM’s Saturday in the Park Concert at Eisenhower Park; CBS-FM’s Holiday in Brooklyn Concert at Barclays Center and many more unique opportunities to new and existing clients. The ideal candidate will be someone who can prospect; develop new client relationships through cold calling, networking, referrals from existing clients, and have an innovative approach to client development. The successful seller will create programs that include concert sponsorship's, digital solutions and on air radio campaigns.
Candidates must have a positive attitude and a drive to win. Self-motivation is essential. If you’re interested in a commission based position thriving in a highly energetic sales environment - this job is the opportunity for you! CBS Radio New York consist of six radio stations including the legendary WCBS-FM. Our digital properties include CBSnewyork.com and Radio.com.
· Contact prospective customers to sell advertising campaigns.
. Prospect categories and solicit new business.
· Create integrated marketing presentations and recaps for clients.
· Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing top quality service.
· Communicate with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders and arranging promotional events.
· Responsible for exceeding sales budget
.Continue to grow revenue from clients
· Attend sales meetings, training sessions
The successful candidates must possess exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills. They must be self-motivated, goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. You must be a hunter. All employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive. In addition, the right candidate must have:
· High school graduate; college preferred.
· Prior experience in sales/marketing; previous radio sales experience preferred.
· Must also have basic knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.