Account Executive (WBMP-FM)Apply
92.3 AMP Radio (WBMP-FM), New York's New Hit Music station is looking for creative sales professionals to join our team! In this role, you will develop ideas and implement integrated marketing campaigns using NYC on-air social influencers like: @shoboyshow @deejaytoro @djnikonyc, @astraontheair. You’ll bring new and existing clients exciting unique opportunities centered around lifestyle and music events, like #idecidetoday featuring Alessia Cara and “Money Can’t Buy” experiences to see today’s top artists perform live and up-close!
In this role, you will develop and sell advertising and marketing campaigns to new and existing clients. The ideal candidate will be someone who can prospect; develop new client relationships through cold calling, networking, referrals from existing clients, and have an innovative approach to client development. The successful seller will create programs that include concert sponsorships, digital solutions and on air radio campaigns.
Candidates must have a positive attitude and a drive to win. Self-motivation is essential. If you’re interested in a commission based position thriving in a highly energetic sales environment - this job is the opportunity for you!
- Contact prospective customers to sell radio time for station
- Sell up-close and personal events (“once in a lifetime”) experiences for our Adorama Theatre
- Identify and solicit new business; build and maintain a full pipeline of sales prospects
- Identify client needs and develop persuasive proposals to meet needs and opportunities
- Prepare promotional plans, sales literature and advertising proposals.
- Deliver effective sales presentations.
- Steer clients in the right direction based on market, platform and station information
- Monitor competition to continually find new account leads.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing top quality service.
- Communicate with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders and arranging promotional events; work collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue
- Follow all station procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis; monitor collections
- Generate revenue and meet/exceed established sales targets.
- Attend sales meetings, training sessions
The successful candidates must possess exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills. They must be self-motivated, goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. You must be a hunter. All employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive. In addition, the right candidate must have:
- Independent, self-motivated, competitive and assertive
- Adept at prospecting and using effective consultative selling principles and practices
- Strong client service relationship-building skills
- Negotiation and closing proficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and creative
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Persuasive communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
- Must be a team player and personable
- Prior experience in sales/marketing; previous radio sales experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platform
- High school graduate; college preferred.