Unit Manager, CBS News RadioApply
We are seeking a strong candidate to oversee the operation side of the Radio Network organization. This person handles scheduling of all CBS News Radio personnel both full-time and part-time, and is heavily involved in the hiring and training of employees. Other duties include managing the finances of the unit and interfacing with other departments within the division such as Accounts Payables, Human Resources and Business Affairs.
Read More...Candidate must have managerial experience and be knowledgeable of AFTRA, IBEW and WGA unions. The manager must be an effective leader and manager, able to resolve interpersonal and logistical issues that arise in their department.
- Manages AFTRA, IBEW and WGA schedules, including vacations, sickouts and special event/breaking news staffing.*
- Network radio’s representative for all AFTRA, IBEW & WGA contract negotiations and point person handling compliance, grievances, arbitration and audits with Labor Relations.
- Main point of contact with Business Affairs, Legal and Rights & Clearances regarding personal services contracts, vendor agreements and licensing of CBS News Radio material.
- Main point of contact with HR & Benefits regarding departmental compliance with CBS business conduct & ethical codes as well as facilitating the processing of STD & FMLA cases.
- Recruits, hires and oversees training of all employees-including interns.
- Processes & approves payroll for all per diem, staff, union, administrative and freelance employees. As such, is primary contact for A/P, Payroll and Finance departments.
- Approves all T&E and office expenses including P-Card expenditures for NY, DC, LA, FL and London.
- Position requires at least 4-5 years relevant experience at a network, station or media organization or similar experience.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Person must be extremely organized and have strong computer skills, motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize is a necessary ability to adapt in a constantly changing 24 x 7 news environment.
- Previous newsroom experience a plus.
*Requires the person be on call 24/7 M-F and one weekend day at least twice a month for sickouts only.