Senior Survey AssociateApply
The CBS News Election and Survey Unit is seeking a Senior Survey Associate. This is an opportunity to work with some of the most experienced people in the field during an exciting presidential election year and contribute to CBS News’ election night broadcast.
The Associate will:
- participate in the unit’s pre-election coverage, including support work developing poll samples, statistical forecasts and models;
- work with past election data, voter files and other large data bases, as well as survey files;
- prepare background/supporting documents for election nights, including past exit poll trends (national and state), and historical trends on elections;
- assist unit personnel in developing and maintaining CBS News Polls, including data checking, compiling trend data, and maintaining a poll database.
The Associate will be involved in CBS News’ election night television coverage.
Some combination of the following skills is required:
- a detailed working knowledge of American politics, U.S. elections and current events;
- excellent, demonstrable statistical skills;
- ability to analyze survey findings, political or economic data;
- ability to work with aggregate voting and demographic data;
- ability to conceptualize and execute a research plan;
- some knowledge of survey research methodology.
Experience working with databases, statistical software packages and programming are all big pluses.
A Master’s degree is preferred, but not required.
Applicant must be able to work in high pressure environment. Position requires nights and weekend hours as news events warrant, especially during election years. Must be flexible, as schedule changes with news events.