Producer, CBS This MorningApply
- CBS This Morning is seeking a smart, creative, and enterprising Producer with strong story development and production skills. This Producer will be a strong writer and storyteller with a talent for following leads, finding characters, paying attention to detail, and above all, original reporting. This candidate must also be calm and efficient during breaking news, and a collaborative member of a newsroom. The ideal candidate will have experience with both field and tape segments, able to research and pre-interview high profile guests, and a strong mastery of visual graphics and elements to support such interviews.
Candidates must be flexible with travel requirements and changing schedules as the position will, at times, require going to remote locations on short notice where breaking news is unfolding. The ideal candidate is a team player with a positive attitude that thrives in high-pressure and time-critical situations.
- Must have solid news judgment and experience chasing breaking news.
- Mastery of the broadcast newsgathering process.
- Must have the ability to manage ongoing relationships with external contributors, news outlets and other stakeholders.
- Strong research skills including working with public and private records databases, such as Lexis Nexis
- Must be an excellent writer with well-developed oral communication skills, especially when working on sensitive stories.
- Must be able to juggle and prioritize multiple stories with different deadlines: short, medium, and long-term.
- Passion for news, journalism, and storytelling.
- Must be willing and able to work a Sunday through Thursday schedule.
- 5+ years producing experience in a professional newsroom
- Experience supporting newsgathering teams in the field using solid news judgment and leadership skills
- Field experience is strongly preferred.
- Degree in broadcast journalism or related field