Licensing Manager - CBS News ArchivesApply
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
CBS News Archives Sales Department is seeking a Manager to assist with the licensing and sales of CBS News-owned content. The Archives Sales Licensing Manager will develop and manage client projects with our sales teams to provide research, clearance and licensing solutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting high level copyright analysis on CBS News archival content.
- Evaluating and determining potential licensing opportunities within the CBS News Archive.
- Assessing the use of CBS News talent and identifiers (logos, graphics, etc.) within licensing projects.
- Work closely with Law Department and Business Affairs on licensing projects when necessary.
- Contribute to developing group strategy to drive revenue through licensing projects.
- Provide assistance to Account Management and Operations teams on the tracking, trafficking and communication of project details, guaranteeing that projects move seamlessly through established workflows.
- Bachelor degree required
- Strong knowledge of licensing fundamentals, copyright, trademark, music, and public domain issues
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to function well in changing environment
- Able to manage projects without supervision, seek answers independently
- High accountability in achieving results
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Team player, who will work well with employees across multiple CBS business groups, as well as people outside the company
- 3-5 years of rights and clearances experience required