Executive Assistant, CBS NewsApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS News
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- Manage and coordinate daily calendar while keeping executive apprised of changes, actions items, messages, and relevant business issues - both internally and externally.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding executive’s availability.
- Coordinate and manage meetings on and off site, with logistics and catering if necessary.
- Screen incoming calls, correspondence, and interoffice materials.
- Prepare and manage monthly expense reports and reconciliations.
- Create, modify, and format documents electronically including letters, memos, trip reports, itineraries, status reports, presentations, spreadsheets, and other related documents.
- Organize, proofread, copy, scan, file, and track a variety of business documents in a secure manner.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects at once, following through, and handle issues in a timely manner.
- Book frequent travel on behalf of executives or team members.
- Exercise various degrees of discretion and judgment with sensitive matters and information.
- Solve problems - sometimes under pressure - in a very fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Be comfortable dealing with internal and external executives, high-level managers, organizations, and confidential data.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must be organized, flexible, and willing to be a team player.
- Must be Internet savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled