EDITORIAL MANAGER, CBS Radio NewsApply
We are seeking a strong, experienced candidate to be part of the management team and oversee the editorial content and assignment of correspondents for broadcasts on CBS News Radio Network. Responsibilities include managing editorial content and assignments for newscasts, Special Reports and updates. The manager will also produce longform, continuous coverage and special event programming as warranted. The manager will coordinate daily news coverage including the assignment of reporters and correspondents on-site and in the field. As such, the manager will also be responsible for compiling and distributing the daily coverage notes to affiliates and serve as a contact for those approximately 450 stations.
Candidate must have supervising experience and be an effective leader and manager, able to handle logistical and editorial issues that arise in the department.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages special event coverage/breaking news.
- Oversee programming and news coverage decisions for the network.
- Supervises Special Event coverage for both planned and un-planned events.
- Takes part in regular editor meetings and helps generate story ideas.
- Directly supervise show producers and is responsible for the direction, coordination of the unit.
- Editorial supervision in partnership with other Editorial Manager.
- Manager is expected to handle off hours editorial and staff sick calls.*
- Oversees the editorial content of the Networks features and longform programs**
*Requires the person be on call 2 weekend days a month.
**Requires the assignment & editorial management of a daily feature (Reporter’s Notebook) as well as oversight of the Weekend Roundup and other programs.
- Position requires at least 4-5 years relevant experience at a network, station or media organization or similar experience in running a newsroom and on air broadcasts.
- Coordinates and directs news employees to ensure a balanced and accurate News program following the format, policy and guidelines established by CBS News.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Person must be extremely organized and have strong writing skills, motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize is a necessary ability to adapt in a constantly changing 24 x 7 news environment.