CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
Will report to Senior Manager and Director of Operations.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate expertise in:
- Operation, maintenance and repair of all building systems including:
- Siemens HVAC control systems
- Electrical systems
- Lighting systems
- Plumbing systems
- Energy management
- Fire protection
- Structural, hardware and keying systems
- Life Safety systems
- Perform inspection and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.)
- Comply with all applicable safety codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as they relate to building operations.
- Coordinate with building cleaning staff, issue Purchase Orders to maintain supplies and consumable inventory.
- Monitor and supervise contractors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements needed for the position:
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in commercial building environment.
- License(s) for applicable jurisdiction and equipment if required.
- Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC or Operation Engineering Technologies. and/or equivalent job related training and experience.
- Computer skills necessary to operate Building Automation Systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA, NEC, and NFC codes and regulations.
- Availability for various shifts, work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage in a live broadcast environment.
- Strong communication, administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.