Associate Producer- 60 MinutesApply
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
60 Minutes is seeking an Associate Producer with excellent research and reporting skills to work in support of a producer / correspondent team on the broadcast. The ideal candidate must have strong editorial judgment, good knowledge of news and current events, and a keen attention to detail. They should be creative, collaborative, enterprising, and have a track record of working on in-depth, complex investigations. The position is based in New York.
- Working with the producer to pitch and develop stories
- Participating in all aspects of editorial research and pre-production, including reporting stories, assembling research materials, finding interview subjects, conducting pre-interviews and assisting in writing interview questions
- Setting up shoots and interviews, including coordinating travel, logistics and schedules
- Researching, reviewing, and helping clear all archival and third-party material
- Assisting in the scripting process, as directed and when needed
- Fact-checking throughout the process; preparing a footnoted and checked final script before broadcast
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- Extensive journalism experience, including primary source reporting
- Ability to multi-task and work under deadline
- Willingness to travel, sometimes on weekends and/or extended periods of time
- Familiarity with public and private records databases, such as LexisNexis and Pacer