Associate Producer- 60 Minutes (London)Apply
Who We Are!
ViacomCBS Networks International,(VCNI) a unit of ViacomCBS Inc., is comprised of many of the world's most iconic consumer brands. Its portfolio includes Network 10, Channel 5, Telefe, Viacom 18, ViacomCBS International Studios, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Network and Pluto TV among others. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, we provide powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents and across more than 180 countries.
60 Minutes is seeking an Associate Producer with excellent research and reporting skills to work in support of a producer / correspondent team on the broadcast. The ideal candidate must have strong editorial judgment, good knowledge of news and current events, and a keen attention to detail. They should be creative, collaborative, enterprising, and have a track record of working on in-depth, complex investigations. The position is based in London.
• Working with the producer to pitch and develop stories
• Participating in all aspects of editorial research and pre-production, including reporting stories, assembling research materials, finding interview subjects, conducting pre-interviews and assisting in writing interview questions
• Setting up shoots and interviews, including coordinating travel, logistics and schedules
• Researching, reviewing, and helping clear all archival and third-party material
• Assisting in the scripting process, as directed and when needed
• Fact-checking throughout the process; preparing a footnoted and checked final script before broadcast
Qualifications and Requirements include:
• Extensive journalism experience, including primary source reporting
• Ability to multi-task and work under deadline
• Willingness to travel, sometimes on weekends and/or extended periods of time
• Familiarity with public and private records databases, such as Lexis Nexis and Pacer