Assistant Editor - 60 MinutesApply
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- Collect, inspect, scan and email editors’ timesheet to payroll daily.
- Maintain in-house archive of edit masters and show recordings.
- Manage and convert media from various sources, including camera crews and third-party footage; stitch spanned clips from GoPro, Nanoflash and Odyssey recorders and archive to XDCAM disc.
- Assist Avid editors with importing material into Avid in quick turnaround situations.
- Record video clips (which are available only online) with Bright Eyes scan converter.
- Retroactively archive Avid media to XDCAM disc, which was imported from memory cards or hard drives.
- Prepare field tapes and log sheets being sent to CBS News Documentary Archives.
- Archive Avid project folders daily, plus weekly backup of aired stories.
- Provide miscellaneous editing for off-air purposes, i.e. clip reels for producers or correspondents making speeches or presentations.
- Create links on Sony Ci for review and approval.
- Serve as conduit for camera memory cards to/from camera crews. Track cards and maintain inventory.
- Export and transcode stories for awards submissions.
- Coordinate with third-party footage providers on file formats and delivery methods.
- Prioritize what is most important, while fulfilling multiple requests simultaneously.
- Minimum two years editing with Avid Media Composer.
- Service with a smile; positive and friendly attitude; dependable and forward-thinking problem solver.
- Able to interact professionally and respectfully with staff (from executive producer to interns) under extreme pressure.
- Excellent communication, time-management and follow through.
- Able to admit mistakes and learn from them, and receive constructive criticism.
- Experience with professional disc and tape machines for XDCAM, Betacam, U-Matic, DVCPRO, etc.
- Occasional weekend availability.
- IBEW membership, or willingness to join if hired.
- Helpful but not required: Adobe Media Encoder, Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects.