Anchor, CBS News RadioApply
We are seeking a high-energy, solid news anchor who can write and has strong news judgement. Must be conversational and a creative storyteller who can develop major National and International stories and pursue newsmakers to enhance coverage of the Network’s award-winning news brand.
This anchor position involves both Saturday and Sunday shifts.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Anchoring six and one minute network radio newscasts once an hour and bottom of the hour one minute Network Updates.
- When news wants, anchor one minute Special Reports as many as 3 times an hour.
- Producing and recording news segments.
- Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
- Interviewing newsmakers.
- Writing scripts and ad-libbing material for stories under tight deadlines.
- Development and research of potential news stories.
- Making station appearances as required.
- Working with sales and promotions departments to develop sponsored news packages.
- Other duties as required by management.
- This anchor position involves working weekends and overnight hours.
- Minimum of 5+ years anchoring or reporting news for Radio News broadcast.
- Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills.
- Position requires proficiency in audio editing and packaging news sound and interviews.
- Position requires contemporary sound and excellent on-air delivery.
- Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential
- 4 year degree in journalism preferred.