Affiliate Sales Associate CBS News Radio – Washington, DCApply
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- Identify and solicit prospects as new affiliates to CBS News and CBS Connect content and all CBS Programming;
- Implement affiliate marketing activity to drive affiliate acquisition through research, networking, cold-calling and emails;
- Implement marketing strategies and initiate new campaign ideas to increase affiliations;
- Initiate on-going conversations with key programmers and group owners to recruit new affiliate partnerships and increase visibility of CBS News;
- Set marketing and sales goals to achieve affiliate growth;
- Communicate with new and existing affiliates regarding upcoming programming and news events, and optimize opportunities;
- Create and process affiliation agreements from delivery to station through full execution;
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain open communication with existing affiliates;
- Coordinate with various teams to address affiliate needs in accurate and timely manner;
- Work with affiliate radio stations to increase Affidavit compliance.
Position requires at least 5+ years relevant experience at a network, station or media organization or similar experience.
Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
Person must be extremely organized and have strong computer skills, motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize is a necessary ability to adapt in a constantly changing 24 x 7 news environment.
Previous newsroom experience a plus.