Administrator, Rights & ClearancesApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS News
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
This position provides administrative support to the Rights & Clearances team of the CBS Law Department, a group which clears third party content (footage, photographs, art, music & memorabilia) for all CBS News programs.
• Rights File Maintenance: Maintain paper and electronic files, including agreements (e.g. license, location, NDA), invoices, payments, and correspondence relating to all CBS News programming. Organize, process, and track invoices/payments to ensure that copyright holders are promptly paid and avoid duplicate payments. Follow up on outstanding agreements/invoices by contacting show producers and rights holders. Maintain rights library and e-library.
• Mantain Rights Database: Oversee the receipt of footage & stills reports and music cue sheets from each CBS News program production team. Follow up with teams to confirm the rights reports’ accuracy. This candidate will train production teams to confirm the reports’ rights accuracy and guide users on how to properly utilize the Rights Manager database, which stores footage & stills logs and music cue sheets.
• Research: Conduct extensive file research to determine restrictions related to CBS News programming in an effort to assess a program or segment’s availability for rebroadcast, sale, and other forms of distribution. Assist in copyright ownership research.
• Distribute Rights Memoranda: Distribute CBS News program rights advisories to multiple CBS business groups.
• General Support to the Rights & Clearances Team
- Four year college degree highly preferred
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and organization skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and prioritize
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel (basic formulas); knowledge of PowerPoint is helpful
- Team player able to interact with all level of employees
- 0-2 years' work experience with production and/or rights & clearance (will consider relevant internships)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled