Account Coordinator - CBS News Archives SalesApply
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
CBS News Archives Sales Department seeks a Coordinator to assist with the licensing and sales of CBS News-owned content.
Working under the direction of the Account Manager, the Coordinator will assist with rights licensing, sales, and clearance, including:
- Set up new client accounts in Salesforce and input appropriate accounting and industry data.
- Input client requests for research, licensing approvals and project billing
- Liaise with the Operations and Licensing Sales teams, as well as any other staff working on sales projects, to communicate client expectations.
- Learn and work with database systems.
- Assist with tracking, trafficking and communication of project details, guaranteeing that projects move seamlessly through established workflows to completion.
- Maintain vital paper and electronic files relating to all CBS News programming and sales related projects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Related sales experience with video, photo, music and/or content licensing
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills - detailed understanding of MS Office and internet technologies; ability to learn and work with various database systems
- Solutions oriented team player, who will work well with employees across multiple CBS business groups, as well as people outside the company