AFTRA NETWORK PART-TIME ANCHOR/IN-HOUSE REPORTERApply
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Anchor / In-House Reporter)
- Anchoring six-minute network radio newscasts once an hour and one-minute bottom of the hour Network Updates.
- When news wants, anchor one-minute to 90-second Special Reports as many as 3 times an hour.
- Producing and recording news segments.
- Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
- Interviewing newsmakers.
- Writing scripts and ad-libbing material for stories under tight deadlines.
- Development and research of potential news stories.
- Making station appearances as required.
- Working with sales and promotions departments to develop sponsored news packages.
- Other duties as required by management.
- This anchor position involves working weekends and overnight hours.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.