AFTRA Correspondent, CBS News RadioApply
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
We are seeking a high-energy, solid news anchor who can write and has strong news judgement. Must be conversational and a creative storyteller who can develop major National and International stories and pursue newsmakers to enhance coverage of the Network’s award-winning news brand.
This anchor position involves both Saturday and Sunday shifts.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Anchoring six-minute network radio newscasts once an hour and one-minute bottom of the hour Network Updates.
- When news wants, anchor one-minute to 90-second Special Reports as many as 3 times an hour.
- Producing and recording news segments.
- Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
- Interviewing newsmakers.
- Writing scripts and ad-libbing material for stories under tight deadlines.
- Development and research of potential news stories.
- Making station appearances as required.
- Working with sales and promotions departments to develop sponsored news packages.
- Other duties as required by management.
- This anchor position involves working weekends and overnight hours.
Minimum of 5+ years anchoring or reporting news for Radio broadcast. Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills. Position requires proficiency in audio editing and packaging news sound and interviews. Position requires contemporary sound and excellent on-air delivery. Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential; 4 year degree in journalism preferred. Ability to work weekends and overnights.