403G A2 Studio Audio TechnicianApply
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
CBS News is seeking to fill several full-time A2 Audio Technicians for the DC Bureau to support the Evening News and other DC based programming. The ideal candidate will at least 3 years of technical experience and the ability to work in a highly deadline-driven environment. He/she will have strong communication skills with the ability to build strong professional relationships and work calmly under pressure.
• Mic and check in talent daily for the CBS Evening News and other programming from the DC bureau.
• Ensure proper storage and care of equipment.
• Quick response to Breaking News and Standard setups within the studio.
• Planning and rehearsing with correspondents, technical and editorial staff.
• Responding quickly to directions from Audio booth operators and editorial staff to ensure a smooth broadcast.
• Liaising with technical manager to ensure a smooth broadcast.
• Knowledge of a variety of technical equipment including both wireless and hard wire mics.
• Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with talent and ensure comfortability.
• Working flexible and occasional long hours often under tight deadline.
• Physical stamina, observant and capable of concentrating for long periods of time.
• Excellent hand-eye coordination, hearing and color vision.
• Experience in a live studio environment.
*Strong verbal communication skills.
*Ability to multitask and work under tight deadline.
*Advanced knowledge of electricity & wiring.
*Extensive knowledge of studio and remote production lighting.
*Professional work ethic and attention to detail.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
*2 year college degree or trade school equivalent preferred.
*3-5 years of major market television experience.
*Knowledge of all OSHA safety rule-certification preferred.
*Ability to work at elevated heights, on ladders, catwalks, lifts.
*Available to work any days & shifts in a 24/7 broadcast environment.