4.03G ENG Camera OperatorApply
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
• Degree in broadcast journalism/production preferred.
• Minimum 10 years' experience working as an ENG photographer in a large market.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to listen, provide praise and constructive criticism.
• In depth knowledge of existing and evolving newsgathering technologies.
• Good leadership skills.
• Must be self-motivated, proactive, collaborative and possess a high level of creativity to tell stories with sound and images.
• Take ownership of situations and lead issues to resolution.
• Experience in logistics, special event planning and execution.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Ability to lift 50 plus lbs. of newsgathering equipment.
• Must be available to work weekends, long hours or varying shifts when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines, 24/7 all kinds of possible weather conditions.
• Travel for production (hostile environments are possible. Training provided)
• In depth understanding of newsgathering technologies: Multi-camera interviews and remotes.
• Proficient with streaming technologies Dejero and LiveU.